Aselsan and Roketsan signs a contract
- January 11, 2019
Aselsan and Roketsan has signed a contract, worth 63.000.000 TL + 31.500.000 euro (approximately 198 million TL), for mass production of the OMTAS Infrared Seeker Head.
Under the contract OMTAS Infrared Seeker Head will be delivered between 2019-2024.
OMTAS is equipped with state of the art technologies making it effective against all armored threats of the modern battlefield. OMTAS is a new generation, man portable middle range anti-tank weapon system, which is made up of the launching tripod, fire control unit, sighting unit (composing the launcher unit) and the missile.
OMTAS was developed for use against armored targets at a range of 4 km through firing from its own tripod.
All-up-round OMTAS Missile can be integrated onto land vehicles, stabilized land platforms and remote controlled turrets.
- Imaging Infrared Seeker with Automatic Target Tracker
- Tandem Warhead Effective Against All Types of Heavy Armored Vehicles
- Day & Night and All Weather Operational Capabilities
- Effective Against Stationary and Moving Targets
- Lock On Before Launch / Lock on After Launch
- Fire and Forget / Fire and Update Operating Modes
- Setting Coordinates of the Target on Launcher Unit
- Firing Behind Covers
- Switching Targets
- Hit Point Update on Target
- Indoor and Outdoor Type Simulators
- Modular Design of the Launcher Unit
- Modular Design of the Launch Unit Enables Sight Unit to be Used as a Stand Alone Unit.
- Range: 200 – 4000 m
- Diameter of the Missile: 160 mm
- Weight of the Missile: 35 kg (Inc. Launch Tube)
- Length of the Missile: 1800 mm (Inc. Launch Tube and Shock Absorbers)
- Weight of the Launcher Unit: 36 kg
- Seeker: Imaging Infrared (IIR), Uncooled Type
- Attack Modes: Direct and Top Attacks
- Operating Temperature: -35°C and +60°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C and +60°C
- Operating Altitude: -300 m and +3000 m
- Shelf Life of Missile: 10 years
- Shelf Life of Launcher Unit: 20 years
- Sight Unit on the Launcher Unit: TV/Termal Camera